Hidden URL finders (URL Snoopers, URL Sniffers) for Windows
- CooJah editor’s pick (Freeware) – URL Finder for HTTP, RTMP, RTMPE streams
- Orbit Grab++ (Freeware / WinPcap) – freeware URL Finder. Supports HTTP, MMS, RTSP, RTMP URLs.
- NetXFer editor’s pick (Shareware) – download manager with streaming media support and URL Finder. URL Finder supports HTTP, MMS, RTSP, RTMP URLs. Compatible with Windows 7/Vista/XP/2003/2000.
- URL Snooper (Freeware / WinPcap) – URL Finder software. Provides URL Analysis & Packet Viewing to find hidden stream URLs. Supports HTTP, MMS, RTSP, RTMP URLs.
- Download Helper (Freeware) – Extension for the Firefox web browser.
- URL Helper (Shareware – $25 / WinPcap) – URL Finder. Supports HTTP, MMS, RTSP, RTMP URLs.
- WM Recorder (Shareware / Not only WinPcap) – Stream Recorder & URL Finder. The easiest software to find hidden stream URLs for Windows Media, RealAudio/RealVideo/RealMedia and some other streams including YouTube and Google Video. The software is shareware however it can be used for free to get stream URLs. Support HTTP, RTSP, and MMS streams.
- Replay AV (Shareware / Not only WinPcap) – Stream Recorder & URL Finder. Its URL finder supports WinPcap library as well as a more stable URL searching mechanism for broadband connections. Replay AV allows you to find hidden stream URLs for Windows Media, RealAudio/RealVideo/RealMedia, Flash HTTP .FLV videos, QuickTime HTTP videos. It works even with USB, ADSL and dial-up connections. Replay AV has special customizations for YouTube, Google Video and other video download sites. And its URL Finder looks in cache for FLV files (solves problems with people unable to capture FLV files). The software is shareware however it can be used for free to get stream URLs. Supports HTTP, RTSP, MMS streams.
- BitAnalyzer (Freeware / WinPcap) – URL Finder. Allows to find hidden stream URLs for Windows Media, RealAudio/RealVideo/RealMedia and Flash video streams. Support HTTP, RTSP, and MMS streams.
- Replay Media Catcher (Shareware) – Flash stream ripper. The software is shareware however it can be used for free to get HTTP stream URLs from Adobe Flash player as Well as Windows Media, Real Audio/Video stream URLs.
- GetASFStream (Freeware / WinPcap) – Windows Media stream recorder & URL Finder. Supports HTTP, RTSP and MMS streams.
- DownloadStudio (Shareware / WinPcap) – Windows Media stream recorder & URL Finder (URL Sniffer)
- WebStreamRecorder (Shareware / WinPcap) – Windows Media stream recorder & URL Finder
- Proxomitron (Freeware) – Free HTTP/HTTPS proxy for Windows that can help you to find stream URLs for HTTP/HTTPS streams as well as user-agent and cookies.
URL Finders for Windows / Mac OS / Linux
- rtmpsuck and rtmpsrv (from rtmpdump package) (Freeware) – URL Finders for RTMP and RTMPE streams. Allow you to find not only RTMP and RTMPE URLs, but also additional parameters required to download such streams
URL Finders for Linux
- libpcap, tcpdump (???) (Freeware)
- MediaSniffer – allows to find HTTP stream URLs
Packet Sniffers and Viewers
- Wireshark (Freeware / Windows, Linux, Mac OS) – freeware open source network protocol analyzer.
- IP sniffer (Freeware / WinPcap, sockets, NDIS) – a suite of IP Tools built around a packet sniffer. The packet sniffer can work on all Windows versions using either WinPcap (needs to be installed) or the new raw socket implementation of Windows2000 (driverless) or a NDIS protocol (needs to be installed , no reboot). The sniffer has basic features like filter, decode, replay, parse…
- Analyzer (Freeware / WinPcap)
- Ethereal Network Analyzer (Freeware / Windows and Unix / WinPcap)
- CommView (Shareware / Windows 95,98,Me,NT,2000,XP,2003) – programs for monitoring Internet and Local Area Network (LAN) activity capable of capturing and analyzing network packets. It gathers information about data passing through your dial-up connection or Ethernet card and decodes the analyzed data.
- CommView for WiFi (Shareware/Windows)
- AW Ports Traffic Analyzer
- Capsa (Shareware/Windows)
- DaSniff (Freeware / WinPcap) – Command Line WinPcap on B versions
- Distinct Network Monitor (Shareware/Windows)
- EffeTech HTTP Sniffer (Shareware/Windows) (WinPcap)
- EtherDetect Packet Sniffer (Shareware/Windows) (WinPcap)
- NetworkActiv PIAFCTM (Freeware)
- NetworkActiv Scanner
- Packetyzer (Freeware / WinPcap)
- PacketMon (Freeware)
- Sniffer – SnifMon
- Sniphere (Freeware / WinPcap)
- TracePlus/Ethernet (Windows) – is a powerful realtime packet sniffer. It obtains information directly from the network subsystem of Windows, and can see ALL network traffic generated from your PC as well as all other PCs on your segment of the network.
Depending on your version of Windows and and your hardware, you may have problems finding a network adapter that works on programs that use the WinPcap packet capture driver. Please check out all the additional information at the WinPcap site winpcap.org
If all attempts to use software that uses the WinPcap packet capture driver fail, then you will have to use packet sniffer software that does not use WinPcap.