AnyDVD works in the background to automatically remove DVD copy-protection as soon as it’s inserted into the drive, allowing you then to backup the movie using a DVD backup tool such as CloneDVD.
You can also remove the RPC region code, thereby making region free DVD viewable on any DVD player and with any DVD player software.
AnyDVD is capable of removing unwanted movie features, including subtitles and prohibition messages such as copyright and FBI warnings. It also allows you to launch an external application whenever you insert or remove a disc, or prevent “PC-friendly” software from automatically launching when you insert a video DVD.
Decryption is not all that AnyDVD offers. You can reduce the noise level of your DVD drive by controlling its speed when watching movies on your PC. You can even adjust the display frequency of your monitor for both NTSC and PAL displays.
But AnyDVD doesn’t just stop at DVDs. It also removes copy-protection from audio CDs to allow you to copy them.
Main features of AnyDVD:
- Works automatically in the background
- Removes DVD copy-protection (CSS encryption) “on the fly”
- Removes the RPC region code (make region free DCD)
- Removes Macrovision analogue copy-protection
- Removes features such as forced subtitles and warnings
- Removes DVD copy-protection without the need to save the data onto your hard-disk
- Allows to reduce the noise level of your DVD drive while watching DVD on a PC
- Prevents automatic launching of “PC-friendly” software on video DVDs
- Allows adjustment of your monitor refresh rate for both NTSC and PAL monitors
- Allows execution of external programs on disc insertion and removal
- Compatible with all DVD media
- Works with all DVD-drives, regardless of region code
- Works with all DVD copying, such as CloneDVD, and all DVD player software
- Works transparently for the operating system: DVDs can be shared over the network and copied with the command prompt or with Windows Explorer, etc.
- Proven to be stable and fast and does not require an ASPI driver
- Features AnyCDDA: play, copy and rip protected audio CDs
- IBM-compatible PC with a minimum 500 MHz Pentium-class microprocessor and 64 MB RAM
- 2 MB hard-disk space
- Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit)